Effective date: April 01, 2021
Lifestyle Solutions (Aust) Ltd (ABN 85 097 999 347) is committed to the protection of your personal information and heath information and to compliance with Australian privacy law and Australian state and territory health legislation.
Data and personal and health information
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual. This applies whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded.
Health information has the meaning given to that term in applicable state and/or territory legislation.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal and health information about individuals for the provision of our services and purposes connected to those services. We will only collect information that is necessary for the provision of services to individuals and the lawful operations of the organisation.
Consistent with the provision of our services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold include:
- Identity and context details: such as individuals’ name, e-mail address, gender, age, address and postcode
- Health information: such as information about your short-term and long-term health goals, lifestyle, disability/ies and medical conditions
- Sensitive information: such as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, association memberships, religious beliefs, criminal history and sexual orientation
- Other information: communications gathered in the course of our interaction with you, including where you interact via our website, live-chat, social media and emails, and other information from your interactions with us online, including cookie information, URLs, search histories and other associated information.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when:
- You provide information directly to us
- Your authorised representative, guardian and/or carer provides information directly to us
- You use services provided by us as a person we support or are a child or young person in our care
- You ask or consent to being placed on one of our mailing lists
- You apply for a job with us
- You enquire about our services
- You visit our website, mobile applications, social media pages and/or other online platforms, including using cookies (data files placed on your device or computer)
In the course of handling and resolving a complaint, review or investigation, we may collect personal information (including sensitive information) about you directly from publicly available sources or from third parties such as:
- Your authorised representative, if you have one
- Applicants, complainants, respondents to a complaint or third parties, employees and witnesses
We also collect personal information from publicly available sources to enable us to contact stakeholders who may be interested in our work.
Use and disclosure
The use and disclosure of collected information will be limited to the primary purpose of the collection. Use or disclosure for a secondary purpose is permitted in specified circumstances, including where individuals consent, and where the secondary purpose is related and is within the reasonable expectation of the individual.
Information will only be disclosed without consent when permitted by law, information is subpoenaed or there is an overriding public interest.
The purposes for which we hold, use and/or disclose information includes the following:
- To conduct our business, which includes providing our services
- To communicate information about our services or third-party services that may be of interest to you and to let you know about relevant offers and news, where you have consented, if such consent is required by law
- For our internal administrative, research and analytics, planning, promotional and development purposes
- To comply with legal obligations
- For other purposes made clear at the time of collection
Access and correction
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information or health information we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to correct your personal information and health information, and provide you with details of the personal information or health information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all requests for access and correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lifestyle Solutions will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that Lifestyle Solutions uses or discloses is, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure, accurate, up to date, complete and relevant.
Lifestyle Solutions strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of all personal information submitted, collected and stored. Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the personal information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Lifestyle Solutions will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Health information is held securely, is subject to such security safeguards as are reasonable in the circumstances, against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against all other misuse. It is held for 7 years from the last occasion on which we provided services to you, or if you were under that age of 18 when we collected the information, until you have reached the age of 25.
Overseas and disclosure
We take all reasonable steps to prevent private information being provided to, or accessed by overseas parties. This does not include the storage of personal information which remains under the effective control of Lifestyle Solutions but may be located on overseas servers.
Where possible, we will allow you to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, for most of our functions and activities, we usually need your name and contact information and enough information about the particular matter to enable us to fairly and efficiently handle your enquiry, request or complaint, or to act on your report. We may not be able to provide certain services to you in the event you do not provide certain information.
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to [email@example.com], and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.gov.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
Analytic, session and cookie tools
The information collected by these tools may include the IP address of the device you are using and information about sites that IP address has come from, the pages accessed on our site and the next site visited. We use the information to maintain, secure and improve our website and to enhance your experience when using it.